Feel free to discuss anything.
Also, I've added a game to the open thread. My friends and I often play this game, Wise and Otherwise, when we take vacations together. It works like this... someone picks a card from a deck and reads one of the sayings off of the card. The other players have to finish the saying. The player who fools the most people into thinking that their saying is correct, wins the most points that round.
Come back Sunday night and vote for the saying that you think is correct.
So, here's the saying you have to complete via the comments section.
There's an old Swedish saying,
One should choose one's bedmate...
Okay, and throughout the weekend I'll update this thread with some interesting links. Also, feel free to add your own via the comments section.
1. HPT has an excellent video of Ron Paul up at his site. A Republican I actually like and would consider voting for.
2. Check out this Indian condom PSA.
3. Sure, Chinese stocks may run into the Olympics, but once people see how freaking polluted the place is, perhaps they'll rethink their investments... don't expect many new world records, that's for sure.
4. Completely awful photography, courtesy of the Wall Street Fighter. While you're there, make sure to search out his post on things that were cool in 1977 but would get your ass kicked in 2007. Hilarious, original stuff.
5. Words of wisdom, from Bubs... or, at least, plagurized by Bubs...