Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Brief Introduction To Dinosaur Trader's World

I started this blog way back in March of 2007 because I thought the Hybrid Market was quickly making all daytraders extinct. Boy was I wrong!

Anyway, while a lot has changed around here since then, much has also remained the same.

Here is the current "publishing schedule."

Monday - Discuss a specific trade from the prior week.
Tuesday - Discuss a chapter from a classic book about trading.
Wednesday - History post
Thursday - Around the House or Humor post
Friday - Linkday! Some interesting links I found on the web in the last week.

The "anchor" of this blog is the "RO Report" which I post each evening at around 4:30. It consists of market commentary from a daytrader's perspective and the actual P&L totals for the traders in my office.

Now, I don't actually trade with people in an office... I trade (and in fact I'm writing this post) from a spare bedroom of the house that I share with my wife and young daughter. So I also write a bunch of posts about what it's like to trade from home... I call these my "around the house" posts.

Other posts I'm somewhat proud of are my history posts, which I will be focusing on in 2009. My ambitious goal is to publish one per week.

Finally, other interests of mine include politics, music, humor, surfing, the environment, and hating CNBC and the mainstream media in general. All of these topics work there way into my posts on a daily basis.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Ricky said...

hello,I am from Beijing China. I just a student trader,so I am somewhat confuse with the mothed,maybe I should learn and practice more in this market.And I want to leart something from you blog!

Dinosaur Trader said...

Ricky,

I hope you find something here that helps. There is a lot of trial and error in trading, so practice, but with small money initially.

Good luck and thanks for reading.

-DT

Ricky said...

Thanks for your encouragement.I will try my best.

Unknown said...

Hi DT

I would know if some traders of the RO REPORT are basket traders.

Thank you

Good trading