Friday, December 19, 2008

The RO Report, "Christmas Recital" Edition

I surfed this morning and then skipped the early trade in favor of my daughter's Christmas recital.

It was great. She's already starting to dominate all the other kids. While some of the other, lesser children were forgetting the words to "Jingle Bells" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," my little pterodactyl was belting the carols out so loud that Santa himself could hear her all the way up in the North Pole, where he lives.

Word has it that he's going to set her up good on Christmas because of her dedication.

Anyway, so I really only traded the last hour heavy, but caught it good, as did the RO.

My plan for next week is to take off. I'm going to read a couple classic trading books, write a few history posts, do some chores around the house, see my family, fight with my neighbors, and not open the door to my office.

I will blog, but sporadically.

On Monday the 29th, my blog will be back in full force when I post the Best Stock Market Blog Posts of 2008. You don't want to miss that. You want to tell all your friends about it too. Talk about it over Christmas dinner during an awkward silence... You want to Digg it... you want to link it... etc.

2009 is the year we go "first-tier" around here.

So look, out of 25 traders today, 17 were gross positive, or 68%. 11 traders made over $1,000 gross, and 3 lost over $1,000 gross. Nice numbers to end the week.

I was #5 of 25, bossy.

"Lucky Pierre" - Trader C, $22,714 on 324k shares traded.

2. Trader D,
$15,690 on 432k shares traded.
3. Trader P,
$13,174 on 520k shares traded.
4. Trader Z, $10,309 on 363k shares traded.
5. Trader S,
$8,684 on 195k shares traded.

"Chambermaid" - Trader 7, -$2,924 on 79,000 shares traded.


2. Trader 10*,
-$2,723 on 500 shares traded.
3. Trader J,
-$1,924 on 7,600 shares traded.
4. Trader M*,
-$810 on 0 shares traded.
5. Trader 8,
-$629 on 31,600 shares traded.


Here is today's "heatmap."

9 comments:

Kis said...

happy holidays! Great numbers! I found today to be pretty slow, what were you trading in the last hr?

Tyler said...

DT,

You killed it. Nice going!

Tyler

Dinosaur Trader said...

Thanks, guys.

Addict, I made nearly 2 points on SA with 3000 shares. That was my big winner. But I had loads of positions in a bunch of other names as well.

-DT

Kis said...

Wow, awesome trade on SA. Great timing, how did you find this stock? It wasn't that active till the last 30min.

Unknown said...

Damn!

You watch your daughter's recital in the morning and kill it in the market in the afternoon.

What a role model!

When are you gonna write a book? I wanna be you!

-AT

Dinosaur Trader said...

Addict,

It had an MOC.

AT,

Maybe I'll write a post in 2009 about anxiety and panic attacks just to dampen the romance of DT a bit. Also, don't forget that up until August I was nearly out of cash and having to sell all my belongings. I probably wasn't a great role model back then! But anyway, thanks for the kind words.

-DT

Unknown said...

history post coming?

Dinosaur Trader said...

Yup, gonna work on some this week while I'm not trading and hope to have a few set for January. I'd like to publish one a week for at least a couple of months.

Kind of ambitious, but I've let them go for awhile.

-DT

Complacent Panda said...

Sweet deal.

Enjoy the end of the year.