Monday, September 8, 2008
Today was our daughter's first day of nursery school, so I was in and out all day, unable to really focus on trading. I've said it many times before, I tend to hate days where the market gaps up or down big, because it almost always puts me in "counter-trend" mode, which isn't my favorite trading stance.
Anyway, it was a mixed day in the RO. A number of traders had solid days, but there were also a couple of large losses in the mix. Had the market not rallied strongly in the last hour it would have been a complete disaster for the bulls as the early morning gains of +350 on the Dow were almost completely wiped out at one point.
Out of 21 traders, 13 finished positive, or 62%. 10 traders finished up over $1000 gross. I was number 10 out of 21 today, so again, I had a solid day.
Here's the top 5:
1. Trader Z, $19,959 on 261k shares traded.
2. Trader D, $11,514 on 354k shares traded.
3. Trader E, $9,270 on 434k shares traded.
4. Trader N, $6,461 on 40,600 shares traded.
5. Trader L, $4,031 on 52,000 shares traded.
And the bottom:
1. Trader F, -$27,046 on 236k shares traded.
2. Trader B, -$18,105 on 1 million shares traded.
3. Trader H, -$2,167 on 10,800 shares traded.
4. Trader M, -$1,934 on 100 shares traded.
5. Trader A, -$1,032 on 88,200 shares traded.