Thursday, November 13, 2008

The RO Report, "Momojuicing Bottom" Edition

Does anyone around here remember the blogger "Momojuicing?" He had a nice blog, funny as shit, but then one day, just deleted the whole thing, "paranoia-style," in a matter of minutes.

I still hear from him on email all the time. He's always asking me about what he should trade, how he could be a better father, how he could be a better husband... shit like that. And I take pity on the guy because deep down, he's into cabaret and stuff... it must be hard.

Anyway, the other day we were talking about when "the bottom" would come (again) and he said something like, "the next time you want to buy weapons, buy stocks instead."

He didn't say it so eloquently, of course, (English may not even be his first language, I really don't know) but that was the gist of it. Looking back on today, when I made that post with the 3 stock charts, in my gut I really was scared, and thinking about buying guns and storing grains in my basement.

I actually went onto the Home Depot site and priced generators...

I hate to say it, but the dude was right. I went into my long term account and bought UYG at $6.12 and UWM at $16.85... true story. Minutes later, the market took off.

It was a wild day in the RO. Most of the traders were deeply red at some point or other. The swings that Trader A took, were legendary. And B and D were both down over $30,000 at completely different points in the day.

So make sure you respect those numbers I'm about to post... it's not easy even if the end result is often positive...

Out of 26 traders today, 22 were gross positive, or 85%. 17 traders finished up over $1,000 gross, 10 finished over $10,000 gross. Only 2 traders finished below $1,000 gross... one of them was a swing account. All told, excellent numbers. I was #7 of 26, very respectable.

The Manservants got fucked up today.

Here are the Bosses:

"Lucky Pierre" - Trader D, $178,595 on 843k shares traded.

2. Trader B, $150,697 on 1.4 million shares traded.
3. Trader A, $92,027 on 717k shares traded.
4. Trader Z, $77,754 on 493k shares traded.
5. Trader F, $54,588 on 311k shares traded.


And the Manservants:

"Chambermaid" - Trader 9*, -$2,798 on 0 shares traded.

2. Trader I, -$2,409 on 29,000 shares traded.
3. Trader E, -$731 on 278k shares traded.
4. Trader M*, -$30 on 400 shares traded.
5. Trader 7, $102 on 6,400 shares traded.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!

Dinosaur Trader said...

Well, well, well... where've you been newequity? I was just thinking back to last year, when you wished financial doom on me... sigh.

-DT

Unknown said...

in your face hater!

-trader d

OffTilt said...

Where is our RO poster elect post?

Dinosaur Trader said...

Scum team, indeed!

Offtilt, that's a good question... Trader D, what say you, scum?

-DT

matte351 said...

Call me whatever you want, but realize I hold 70k share of GNW at a buck.

Dinosaur Trader said...

Nice! I'll call you temporarily rich then.

-DT

Unknown said...

shorting gnw...jk my bd won't let me short stocks below $5....it is going to zero though, hater.