Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A New Link

I feel like this is probably a site that you all know about and I'm late to the party, but check out Finviz for a great page on Industry groups. (h/t "Trader C")

Just click "Screener" and then pick the parameters that you want to screen for. Here's a screen I made for "Residential REITs." Back in the day, we'd pay $1650 a month for Bloomberg terminals that gave us this information... now it's FREE!

Anyway, like I said yesterday, I'm tightening up my layout and my baskets. Knowing exactly which stocks do what, and what stocks they trade lockstep with, is important.

A lot of trading is about making good decisions in the face of constant market uncertainty. But a lot also comes from knowing your shit. You have to put in the work if you want to be successful.

(BTW, what the fuck is wrong with Charlie Gasparino? Charlie... why are you such a dick?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

favorite 'news' map similar to finviz

http://marumushi.com/apps/newsmap/newsmap.cfm

jvs said...

dt:

finviz has been around for only six months, so you are not that late to the party.

if you are making baskets/stock sorters you might be intrested in checking out aistockcharts.com. its good for stock correlations.

j