Thursday, November 1, 2007

Incorrect State Of Mind

I churned my ass off today popping in and out of stocks.

I kept thinking, "the market is going to 0!" and then alternately, "the bottom is in, Dow 50,000!"

I sucked.

I made good money early and then throughout the day gave it away in dribs and drabs. Big drabs as far as DRYS is concerned. Pretty much lost a point every time I traded this stock.



I made good money in DSX on the long side and in FED and MTG on the short side. But the sad fact of the matter is, I didn't trade stocks well despite the fact that I made money. I didn't catch any good moves with any type of size.

It was very frustrating.

In fact, I'm already sick of talking about it. I'm turning the computers off and am going to get a lot of sleep tonight in hopes of doing better tomorrow.

Here's the stats:

P&L,
$1202
Best, DSX, $953
Worst, DRYS,
-$584

75,800 shares traded.
22 stocks traded. 9 winners, 13 losers.
297 trades.

No comments: