Monday, October 8, 2007

Market Snoozefest

Apparently, Christopher Columbus wasn't a trader.

Not even a billion shares traded... what is this, the AMEX?

Anyway, I'm going to make this really short. Today, I was given a gift.

See that big green bar at around 10:00am? Just before that happened I said to my fellow Wallstreakers, something like, "I like that KMT. If it breaks the highs from Friday, I bet it will run." The fact that I was ultimately completely wrong doesn't matter. For 3 minutes, I was right. And I was smart enough to take my profits and run. Now if I had only been smart enough to short it then I could have made some good money.

Anyway, I also made decent money shorting BAP and TSL.

On the downside, my biggest loser of the day was WNR for $66 dollars. I wish I could keep my losers in line like that everyday... it makes your winners count that much more.

Here's the stats:

P&L,
$839
Best, KMT,
$413
Worst, WNR,
-$66

12,000 shares traded.
15 stocks traded, 6 winners, 9 losers.
69 trades.

No comments: