Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Good Day Of Stock Trading

A good day because I only really worked until 10:45 and then I pretty much walked away. I watched and monitored positions, but I definitely didn't overtrade.

At one point, I had $700 more in profits, but I got squeezed in all of my shorts when the market rallied between 1:00 and 3:00. I'm pissed I didn't lock those profits in, but at the same time, I had good gains on the day and I decided to try and let some positions run. This time I was wrong, but they'll come a day where I turn my $2800 gain into $4500 with that strategy.

Anyway, my best trade of the day was a short in EXM.



Over at Wallstreak we were watching the shippers. DRYS hit $100 but then sold off all the way back to $96. During that time, EXM more or less followed him and I was short about 500 shares. So, I made $846 in him. This was one of those positions that I let "ride" so as you can see, I gave back when the market rallied between 1:00 and 3:00. Probably $400 in this guy alone.

Basically, the whole morning I was selling stuff short. It was dicey for awhile, but eventually I caught nice moves in X, AZO (h/t Doug at Wallstreak), LDK and TSL. The solars and the shippers have really been great to trade.

I have my work computer off and I kind of hate to blog here on the desktop. It's a Mac and I just can't figure out how to get it into "compose" mode. So I'm signing off.

I don't even have the stats... sorry. What I remember is that I had an awesome winners to losers ratio.

No comments: