Monday, December 1, 2008

Quiet Monday For DT

After Friday's "ass-blasting," I came in this morning a much-humbled trader. But you know, it's a good thing.

I spent the weekend reorganizing all of my sector lists thanks to my new favorite site, "Finviz." They really have a great screener. I highly recommend it.

The whole experience reminded me how often you need to re-start with this occupation. It's like none other. Everyday the market changes and you need to constantly adapt and remake yourself. You will be humbled and you need to learn from those experiences, or else you will fail.

Anyway, so I missed the morning carnage and have been trading very lightly. We've given back roughly a third of our run from last week. At 1:30, "Beardo" will be talking. The volume is light. In other words, there's really no reason for me to trade until the close at this point. See you then.

Meanwhile, get a load of the morning "heat map."



UPDATE: Also, nice post from Clusterstock comparing bad bear markets.

No comments: