Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bunge Jumping...



Man, what a fucked up day.

Things were going fine for me early, as I caught a great long in MON and POT. My office was getting smoked. I was showing impressive relative strength.

Then, BG exposed my weakness... a "weak" stock showing undue strength in a crappy market.

I had to short it.

I got sucked into this trade like no other since well... the last time I did the same exact fucking thing, in late February. Same stock, everything. Welcome to the life of an idiot.



Anyway, I nearly lost my entire month on this bullshit, selling into a spike... what's worse, Sanglucci kept telling me I was trading like "a herb" rubbing it in with his "cool kid" slang terms.

You know what? I'm 95% sure I'm going to make this same mistake some other time, so I won't even claim to have "learned anything" from the trade. What I did learn, is that I trade okay 90% of the time... then 10% I trade like a crack addict.

Luckily, I was able to make a little money off of the bonanza in V during the afternoon.



Anyway, here's the stats:

P&L, $95
Best, MON, $443
Worst, BG, -$773

21,800 shares traded.
16 stocks traded, 10 winners, 6 losers.

No comments: