Friday, January 4, 2008

New Trading Software

So I'm working on tweaking my new execution system today.

I'm setting all the "hot keys" and trying to get it to fit into my screen layout nicely.

As you know, I'm a Dinosaur so changes, even seemingly small changes like new execution software, are gigantic and could take me days, or possibly weeks, to master.

I have a bunch of posts working. However, I feel this will tie me up for the next few hours at least.

Looks like a good day for traders though. I hope you're raking it in.

Meanwhile, go check Bluedog's blog. He updates frequently and it's always interesting.

5 comments:

tapeworm said...

i'm going to have to break down and tune in maria to see if the world is actually coming to an end!

Bluedog said...

Thanks for the link, DT! If you're bored I highly recommend watching the Obama girl video. :P

-BD

tradelikemike said...

Getting used to new software is the worst! I spent 17 years on the Amex floor and was the last trader using a buy/sell pad and a pen.

Dinosaur Trader said...

Yeah, and I'm slow to adapt, as one might infer from reading the name of my blog.

It'll be a month before my volume is fully back probably. However, since I'm coming off a slump, that might not be such a bad thing.

17 years on the floor? That's quite a career. Congratulations on being successful for so long.

-DT

tradelikemike said...

Thanks. If it was up to me, I would stayed there forever, but everything got computerized. Not a big fan of "robots" myself.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I just left the hedge fund I was at for years and have been buying retailers - not a good start for me either. Ugh.