Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Virtual Office, $6156. Dow, +334.02, 13737.44.

Me, $2757 on 47,200 shares traded.
Akalawoo, $1785 on 4 contracts.

Misstrade, $1260 on 6500 shares traded.
Bubs, $469 on 2600 shares traded.

Evolution, vacation.
OBAT, vacation.
Tapeworm, -$35 on 4 contracts.

Denarii, -$75 on 400 shares traded.

Has anyone else noticed that the higher the market goes, the shriller Maria's voice gets?

Clearly, today was a crazy fucked up bail out of the banking industry. 50 basis points, Yay! I mean, people make bad loans and the FED comes to clean up the mess. God Bless America.

Anyway, it was a good day for the VO. There was no "pullback." If you bought at 2:15 and held, you made good money.

Tomorrow should be great. In fact, the next 10 years should be good. Dow 20,000 here we come!

Also, if you are a NYSE trader, please see my earlier post from today about the new fees.

Meanwhile, my daily post will be late. I need to get out of here for awhile.

6 comments:

Denarii said...

Denarii: net -75 on 400 shares no good deal

tapeworm said...

those are some nice numbers today...congrats DT, Akalawoo, and Bubs

Jawbreaker said...

DT, I dont think anyone realizes YET how much more they will be paying to execute MKT orders on the NYSE. Iam angry bro. I posted a comment on rays blog and i hope the NYSE responds with some type of DNS MKT order type to help off-set the fee increase. Its gonna get real expensive to do hits & takes very soon.- tony

Bluedog said...

Nice day today, DT!!!

Dinosaur Trader said...

Thanks guys. Full disclosure, I lost $900 on my QID, but that's in my new "swing account."

Tony, yeah, I'm a little freaked out about those fees. We can figure out how to make it work out though... there has to be a way.

-DT

Jawbreaker said...

DT, Maybe, just maybe with added Price improvement & matching we will get better prices and that will off-set some of the increase. I know, iam grasping at straws but iam trying to be positive about it. Alot of the new traders at my firm are freaked cause if they were making a few thousand a month this will just about kill them. I can understand an increase if you choose to use an ECN or execute away from the NYSE but this is just punishing alot of good customers IMO. I dont know what the top brass is thinking with this. They should be trying to encourage more volume not turn it away. If you come up with any solutions let me know my friend. I feel like i just got wiped out by a huge wave and went throught the wash cycle. -tony