Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fall Migration

I haven't thrown a bird post up in awhile, so here goes!

The thing is, I used to bird pre-market. I'd wake and get down to the beach and study the mud flats between 6:30 and 7:30 looking for shorebirds. Right now, if I went down there I'd probably see hundreds of Tree Swallows. They gather at the barrier beaches with a nervous anticipation getting ready for their impossibly long migration flights. It's really a beautiful scene.

Surfing has taken over my morning time slot (temporarily?) and so I haven't been out birding. However, I've long read a great blog about birding and I'll share the link here in case any of you are interested.

The guy lives in Brooklyn. Since many of you are probably located around the city, it is a great blog for you to follow since these bird observations are happening right on your doorstep. The name of the blog is Citybirder. I'm also updating my blogroll with it's inclusion.

No comments: