Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Virtual Office, $4822. Dow, -167.45, 12861.47.

Me, $2509 on 39,600 shares traded.
HPT, $2100 on 109 contracts traded.
Evolution, $343 on 10,000 shares traded.
OBAT, $180 on 5800 shares traded.
Denarii, $32 on 1000 shares traded.
Bubs, -$342 on 2600 shares traded.

Despite the fact that Maria Bartiromo must have said 10 times today... I'm sorry, must have shrieked 10 times today that the "smart money is buying the market here" the market dropped almost 200 points. Ah, Maria...

But, perhaps it's true. We really don't know. I mean, I don't have friends in high places like Ms. Bartiromo does, but I do have stock software. What that software shows over and over again, is that this market sells off in high volume. When it goes up, it goes up in light volume. That's not a sign of strength.

I guess there are lots of idiots out there selling this great market.

Anyway, the VO continues to show strength... the majority of traders in the VO keeps making money in the face of all this volatility. It's a traders market to be sure. I certainly don't want too much overnight risk.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. The headline risk to this market is gigantic.

NOTE: My daily post will be late tonight. For now, I'll bump my first post of the day, "The Tick Fairy."

No comments: