Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gash

I ripped my right arm open this morning while surfing.

Right now I have it all taped up but I'll have to go for stitches later.

The point of this is, as a trader, your arms and fingers are very important. Moving my mouse is painful right now. Amazing, in that 12 hours ago I never thought I'd have a hard time moving my mouse...

I remember in the 1980s, Mary Hart from Entertainment Tonight had her legs insured for like, $1 million each.

Perhaps while I'm in this slump I can get my arms insured really cheap...

2 comments:

UWSvamp said...

what's the update on the stitches. Did you actually get any, or was it really a hangnail? Include gnarly pics, please.

Dinosaur Trader said...

uwsvamp,

I didn't think to take any gnarly pics... next time. In fact, I lie, I don't even own a digital camera. However, I do own a camcorder (since I am a Dad) so maybe I'll put some surfing video up soon.

As it turned out, since the cut was on my forearm (not a place that does lots of bending or flexing) they gave me only strips to hold it together.

I won't be able to get back in the water for 3-5 days though. Which, as far as stocks go, is probably a good thing because it will give me more time to do earnings research.

Thanks for asking,

-DT