Friday, April 13, 2007

A Good Bad Day

Sounds like a contradiction, I know. But here's the deal... nothing worked for me today. I traded 17 stocks and had only 5 stocks in the green. I just had no winners. Unfortunately, there are days like this.

I'm not going to beat myself up about it because I stuck to my rules and kept my losses small. I didn't add to any losing positions or get angry and fight the market. It was just one of those days where I died the death of a thousand small cuts.

So I'm taking the silver lining and I'm running with it...


Overall volume was lower today than it was for the last couple of days. I continue to be surprised with the way this market always bounces. What a crazy bounce it was too... between 10 and 10:30 there was a total "U" bottom... check it out. Anyway, that action kind of screwed with me mentally. I couldn't really get enthused about the rally due to the light volume.



Anyway, here are the stats:

P&L, -$480

Best: FED $154


Worst: DSL -$127

stocks traded, 17, 5 winners, 12 losers
shares traded, 20,000
total trades, 167

No comments: