Friday, March 23, 2007

Finally, a decent trade.


Nothing great, but I'll take it.

After the new housing stats came out, it looked like the mortgage stocks started to jump a bit. I noticed that both RDN and MTG (which trade together) were close to breaking a downtrend on my 5-minute graphs.

So, I bought when they started breaking the trendline and it worked.

I took profits a little "early" I guess, but this was right when the futures were spiking down so I don't feel too bad about it. In fact, I started thinking the stock was "overbought" so I threw in a short order near the top. I had less conviction on the short side though, so I put in an order that was only half as big as my initial long. I've tried to provide details on the graph, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to read my writing. If you click on the graph, the image expands.

I made close to $500 on the trade. All of my other trades today have basically cancelled out. So, I'm gonna take these profits and hold them until 2:30 or so. Then I'll take a fresh look and see if there's anything worth trading into the close.

I'll post the song of the week in a couple of hours.

No comments: