Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The RO Report, "India Is Still There" Edition

I don't know what's with this market. I'm not talking about the daily fluctuations, I'm talking about the volume. It sucks.

Are people extending their Christmas vacations all the way to MLK day this year? Is that what's going on?

Anyway, we went lower all day... just a slow bleed. I made some completely idiotic trades early, because I got all excited about the demise of the subcontinent known as India. It didn't happen, and I got my balls squeezed off by a stock with the most ironic ticker symbol, WIT. It's ironic because that stock is a dumb fuck.

Get it?

Sheesh.

Here's the numbers...

Out of 29 traders today, 18 were gross positive, or 62%. Similar to yesterday. 9 traders made over $1,000 gross, and 6 traders lost over $1,000 gross. Again, similar to yesterday. The difference between the 2 days was that the numbers were a little better today to the upside, and not as ugly on the downside. I was #12 of 29, still underperforming.

"Lucky Pierre" - Trader B, $11,455 on 399k shares traded.

2. Trader A,
$5,656 on 117k shares traded.
3. Trader Z,
$4,261 on 107k shares traded.
4. Trader F,
$3,530 on 115k shares traded.
5. Trader N,
$2,868 on 109k shares traded.

"Chambermaid" - Trader D, -$3,992 on 165k shares traded.

2. Trader H*,
-$2,994 on 39,600 shares traded.
3. Trader I,
-$2,269 on 8,400 shares traded.
4. Trader 9*,
-$1,954 on 0 shares traded.
5. Trader 7,
-$1,386 on 58,000 shares traded.

Having issues with the heatmap, but here's a little technical analysis.

NOTE: I've opened up the commenting section to allow anyone to comment again. Limiting it to Google accounts only is annoying. We will see if random haters hiding behind anonymity is more annoying... if so, I'll just turn them off again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it was just getting back at you for serving up so much wit here...that's what it is isn't it? Wit? Or is it just ruthless sarcasm?

;)

-AT

Dinosaur Trader said...

No wit allowed here, sir.

-DT

wincity said...

I thought to short INFY but decided not to because it reports in a few days. Turned out a good decision.

Unknown said...

DT - congrats on replacing Fly's blog in the first tier.

Fly's blog has once again fallen down a shit hole. It has been taken over by the lunatic fringe.

Anonymous said...

You mentioned the other day about changing R.O. report; I just wanted to say that I appreciate that you use real$ amounts. It seems more informative. Anyway, I coudn't comment then because I didn't want to open a stupid Google account so thanks for opening up the comments again. I really enjoy yours stories so thanks for that as well.
John

Dinosaur Trader said...

@X,

Look, I will ban your ass...

@Fritz,

Agree... "the Fly" is clearly in a downward death spiral. I expect soon he will be begging me to come over and "save" iBC. Instead, I will let them suffer.

@Anon,

Ultimately, it may be out of my control. I am working to figure it out now. For now, I'm glad they help.

-DT