Monday, July 7, 2008

Grateful Dead, "Bertha"

How nice that they've named a hurricane after a good song.



Anyway, I pay attention to hurricanes for a few reasons.

First of all, I'm a homeowner, and uncomfortably close to some water.

Second, I'm a trader, and when the next Cat 5 ruins the Gulf Of Mexico, I want to be all over it, mostly so I can laugh at Cajun.

Finally, I'm a surfer, and so I track Atlantic storms to see if they'll produce groundswell.

Anyway, for all these reasons, I'm including a seasonal link to The Storm Track.

Hopefully, they all stay way out in the Atlantic... close enough to produce some surf, but far enough away so that they don't ruin my house.

Bertha is out there brewing as we speak. While it won't threaten the oil rigs (or Cajun's trailer), it should produce some waves!

No comments: