Thursday, June 12, 2008

Virtual Office, $1057. Dow, +57.81, 12,141.58.

Timmay, $669 on 3000 shares traded.
Tokyo, $170 on 603 shares traded.
Me, $120 on 5600 shares traded.
OBAT, $94 on 6800 shares traded.
Denarii, $4 on 6400 shares traded.


It's been a long day around here, and I apologize for the late post. Ever since my daughter was bitten by that Lone Star Tick, I've been engaged in tick habitat destruction (as opposed to pesticide spraying). So, I wasn't around for the end of the trading day, instead, I was ripping apart old woodpiles and chopping wood.

Anyway, it was a solid day for the VO. The market got the little bounce it was hoping for, but I'd call it less than satisfying for the bulls. For one, volume declined. Also hurting the bounce was the fact that we closed far from the highs of the day. Indeed, the market puked up a 200 point gain to go flat, only to bounce 50 points at the very end of the day. Not exactly confidence building.

Also, Lehman Brothers (LEH) closed down again, another point, to $22.70. Maybe this will be the weekend where they get bought for $2.00. Hey, sounds crazy but it's happened before.

In my real office, I was #11 of 23 traders. The range was $6964 to -$737 (gross). I'll have a daily post up later. I had a wild trading day even though it ended early.

2 comments:

wincity said...

Reporting your real office numbers is quite interesting. It gives us an idea how a representive group of real traders are doing.

Dinosaur Trader said...

win,

Yeah, it's helpful to me as well... I'd love to get some aliases attached to a few of my office mates and have them report daily even without blogs, but so far no interest.

Perhaps in time... for now, I'll just put me in relation to the group whenever I have the opportunity.

-DT