Sunday, October 7, 2007

Long Weekend

It culminated it me going to a local benefit, drinking too much wine and bidding for (and winning) a painting. I threw down $1500, outbidding some famous photographer who, because he's a photographer, apparently appreciated the painting more than me.

Whatever. In short, don't compete with me. I have an eye for the arts.

My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Anyway, then I came home and ate a hunk of cheese and drank a beer. Now, I'm breaking out the olives.

Tomorrow will be less interesting than today.

4 comments:

Bluedog said...

Congrats, DT!! The photographer obviously didn't know who he was up against. :D What's the painting of?

I'm sitting here drinking a pumpkin ale, researching stocks and looking for setups. LoL

-BD

Doug said...

DT - Take a pic of the painting and put it up! --Doug

artha said...

DT,

Garage sale, petting zoo party, and charity auction - what a weekend! Looking forward to some good stories from you.

WSJ ran an interview with Roger Ailes, who is heading up the Fox Business Network. Since you often feature Maria and Erin, I thought you’d get a kick out of this particular Q & A.

WSJ: Is there anyone from CNBC you'd like to hire?

Mr. Ailes: Look, I'm the one who put Maria Bartiromo on the air. She's a fine talent. This new woman that they're overusing because she's on now 15 hours a day, Erin Burnett, is a good talent. But she's gonna age. She'll only last another year, the way they're working her....So, I hope, at some point she steps up and says, "I need water; I need a little break here."

Dinosaur Trader said...

BD,

It's a jellyfish.

Doug,

I'm technically impaired, but if I can figure out how to do it, I will.

artha,

Excellent quote, thanks! "I need water..." Dylan Ratigan also is getting used big time. I sometimes wonder what their lives are like.

-DT