Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fighting Back

I should have just waited until 2pm and the FOMC minutes to trade today.

Early on I wasted time and mental energy shorting strong stocks, like BEN, LVS and UBB. These trades pushed me very close to my loss limit for the day. By 11:00am, I was down $900.

(Listening to the Republican debate while I write this. Mitt Romney and Maria are perfect for each other... nuff said.)

Anyway, my best stock of the day was WNR, but really, that's not saying much because I only managed to make $285 in him. Other winners were ANW, DSL and CMI. The story of the day for me was my percentage of winners to losers. I had 12 winners and only 4 losers. It's too bad I dropped over $1000 on those 4 losers. I could have had a decent day otherwise.

(Ron Paul is the only independent thinker up there. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to play "the game" and hence, he's unelectable.)

(Stick a fork in John McCain. He has nothing new to say.)

After 2pm, I made money with longs in DSL and ANW. However, take a look at the graph of DSL. It was a mess. I got lucky because I had a limit to get out at $59.79. You would have had a hard time trading this stock with market orders.


Anyway, here's the stats. My neck is killing me... I didn't get up enough today.

P&L, $104
Best, WNR,
$286
Worst, BEN,
-$646

31,300 shares traded.
16 stocks traded, 12 winners, 4 losers.
171 trades.

No comments: