Friday, July 13, 2007

Stereogum's Radiohead Tribute

Hat tip to "vcn" who left a comment yesterday telling me about this new tribute to Radiohead's stellar album "OK Computer". You'll see if you click on the link that it's one of the very few albums given a rating of "10" by Pitchfork. I concur.

When that album first came out in 1997, my friend knew someone who worked at a record company. As a promo device, the people at this company were given advance copies of the album in a "walkman" (remember those?) with the tape of OK Computer welded in and continuously playing (until the batteries ran out). He gave it to me and I still have it. Pretty cool.

Incidentally, that same person may weekend blog here soon.

Anyway, here's the 2 songs I picked from the tribute that I liked the most.



No comments: