Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Lawn Is Beautiful, Covered TNH

Well, not sure if this was the right thing to do, but I covered the TNH short with some limit orders, some at 94.15 and some at 94.79. The rest I just bought back at market at 95.47.

The more I come to terms with the new reality of the hybrid market the more I realize that market orders are simply dead unless you are trading very liquid stocks.

For the first 8 years of this job I traded "thin" stocks (typically trading less than 750k per day) with market orders and I consistently made good money. Since the inception of the hybrid market I have learned that strategy is no longer viable.

The first big change in my trading is that, I now actively cover positions, long and short, with limit orders only. I still don't like it, but it seems to be what works now.

No comments: