Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Wacky Morning In The Dinosaur Cave

They're outside priming the house. Perhaps the fumes are getting to us. My daughter has been screaming all morning. I thought for those of you who have toddlers, that you may appreciate this recent exchange as my wife tried to get my daughter dressed so they could go food shopping. Conversations with toddlers are always interesting...

Judy: "Ok, let's put your shoes on!"
Unhinged Toddler: "I don't need shoes, Mom! No! I don't need shoes!
Judy: "Everyone needs shoes outside. Otherwise you can step on something and hurt your foot."

Long pause...

Unhinged Toddler: "No shoes! I DON'T NEED SHOES!!!"
Judy: "Okay (giggling nervously as she's about to lose her mind), how about we just bring them in the car then?"

Pause...

Unhinged Toddler: "No, I don't want to just bring them in the car!" Crying... foot stomping.

And all the while I'm trying to stay sane trading TNH and POT... sigh.

No comments: