Thursday, April 12, 2007

So far, so good

Outside it's gray. The rain is beating on the windowsills. But, for today at least, inside the cave things are quiet and warm.

I haven't broken a rule today and things here are about as calm as they get. I even managed to make a "good trade" in RAS which I'll share in some detail after the close. For those inclined to make swing trades, you may want to take a glance at the 60 minute graph for this stock... it broke a downtrend it's been in since late March in strong volume.

I went back to an old practice from when I started trading, that is, I took my p&l off of my screen. It helps me focus less on the money and more on making the right trades. I know I'm not up size or anything... it's hard to be up size when you're trading with 2 and 3 hundred share positions, but I'm happy and not panicked, which is nice... and rare lately.

Another thing I used to do was walk away from my station for at least an hour a day in the middle of the day. I'm going to do that now, sip some green tea and read a chapter from the book I'm reading, Our Man In Havana.

No comments: